While we all work hard to improve our health, such as by eating healthy and exercising, we also need to make sure we improve our health in other ways. For instance, what are you doing for your skin health?
Since we tend to spend more time outdoors when the weather is warmer, our team at AFC Urgent Care Hixson wants to share how you can protect your skin this summer.
How Can I Practice Good Skin Health?
Who doesn’t want to look younger than their numerical age? We all do! Fortunately, by taking care of our skin, we can help to keep our skin’s youthful appearance.
Ways to Take Care of Your Skin
- Wear sunscreen.
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Moisturize your skin.
Can I Reduce My Risk of Skin Cancer?
Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in the United States. In fact, one in five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer by age 70. Therefore, protecting ourselves from the sun should be a priority for everyone.
Let’s take a look at ways you can reduce your risk of skin cancer—now and in the future.
Ways to Prevent Skin Cancer
- Wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 on all exposed skin when outdoors.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to the eyelids, ears, hands, feet and scalp.
- Stay indoors when possible between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., when the sun’s rays are hottest.
- Wear protective sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat when outside.
- Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours while outdoors, or more often when swimming or sweating.
Did you get sunburned over the weekend? Visit AFC Urgent Care Hixson for a medical evaluation and treatment plan!