Don’t let the summer bugs bite!
We all enjoy being able to spend more time outdoors during the summer season. That is until the bugs—especially mosquitoes, chiggers and ticks—start to bite.
Fortunately, our team at AFC Urgent Care Hixson wants to offer you tips on how you can prevent bug bites this summer.
How Do You Stop Insect Bites?
The last thing you want is to be dealing with itchy skin all summer!
While there are certainly ways to treat bug bites, the best treatment is always prevention. Therefore, try to stay ahead of the game this summer by taking steps to prevent bites.
Ways to Prevent Bug Bites
- Pour out any standing water.
- Keep mosquitos outside with window screens or net.
- Use insect repellent when outdoors.
- Wear light-colored clothing.
- Wear long sleeves and pants when in wooded areas.
- Stay indoors during dusk and dawn.
How Do You Get Bug Bites to Go Away Fast?
It seems as if it is almost instant—a bug bites and the itching begins.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways you can stop the itch with some at-home treatment. If your bug bite worsens or you believe you’ve been bitten by a tick, seek medical attention to ensure proper treatment.
Ways to Find Relief from a Bug Bite
- Avoid scratching the bite.
- Use calamine lotion
- Try OTC hydrocortisone cream.
- Plan an ice pack on the bite.
- Take an antihistamine.
- Put some baking soda paste on the bite.
- If dealing with chiggers, immediately shower and scrub skin to remove any remaining chiggers.
Did you suffer a really bad bug bite that is getting worse and not better? Visit AFC Urgent Care Hixson for a medical evaluation and treatment plan!